Save water - just drink juice.
California is experiencing a major drought and we all can do our part to help. Follow Mayor Garcetti's campaign to take action and save money on rebate and incentives.
TAKE THESE 10 STEPS TO REDUCE YOUR WATER USE:
- Outdoor water use is critical to tackling our drought -- it accounts for 50% of residential consumption. Replace your lawn with low-water landscaping and qualify for a $3.75 per square foot incentive and lower your water bills.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway.
- Install a weather based irrigation controller that stops sprinklers when it rains. Click here for information on how to get up to $200.
- Use a pool cover to reduce thousands of gallons of water loss from evaporation.
- Take shorter showers and install a water efficient shower-head. Click here to get one for free.
- Turn off the faucet when brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Install a high efficiency toilet and fixing running toilet tanks. Click here for incentive information.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and install a high efficiency washer. Click here for incentive information.
- Install high-efficiency faucet aerators to cut water use from sinks by 75%. Click here to get free aerators.
- Fix a leaky faucet to save up to 300 gallons of water per month.